UPDATE YOUR BLOG: Step-By-Step
Netgenus clients know about the WordPress evangelism over here, and they are consistently reminded (nagged & badgered, in some cases!) to keep posting on their blog.
In a nutshell, you can get started with this step-by-step list.
I have been scouring youtube.com for a nice, generic video to demonstrate this, but it looks as though I’m going to have to create a netgenus solutions youtube channel (of course that’s on the to-do list, but I’m still up to my eyeballs in creating youtube channels for clients!).
- On the left column, click “Posts”
- Under “Posts”, click “Add New”
- You will see a pane open on the right that should remind you of a hotmail message
- The top box is the title & the big box is the post body.
- When you have entered a title and the body of your post, be sure to select an appropriate category from the checkbox list on the lower right.
- Then scroll down until you find the fields for “All In One SEO Pack” – here, you can type in a nice, keyword-rich page title. Please note that if you put words in the title which do not appear in the post, then it’s useless for SEO. So make sure that the title reflects what is in the post.
- (There are a lot of optional steps here, but I’ll wait until I get time to do my own video!).
- Click the big blue button on the right hand side and “Publish”
This video is pretty good – and he does get into SEO aspects – but your admin panel will not look quite like this because it is a rather old version (old video):